Important Notice: Please note that this is not the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) web site and you should only read this section or contact our office if you are a tenant of PC Properties requiring guidance on how to claim back your deposit. If you are not a PC Properties tenant, then please visit www.depositprotection.com or your relevant deposit protection provider. If in doubt, please contact your landlord or letting agent, not PC Properties! Thank you.
Government legislation intoduced on the 6th April 2007 requires that all deposits received by a landlord or letting agent on an assured shorthold tenancy agreement, must be protected by one of the several government approved protection schemes.
All tenant deposits paid to PC Properties are subsequently transferred to a government approved deposit protection agency - The Deposit Protection Service or DPS.
Once the DPS have received your deposit in cleared funds, they will supply you with a Deposit ID number and Repayment ID number. These ID numbers will have been supplied to you directly by the DPS shortly after paying your deposit at the point of signing your tenancy agreement. The DPS will have forwarded confirmation by e-mail where a valid e-mail address has been provided. If an e-mail address has not been provided, they will send confirmation to your mobile phone number or to your postal address.
At the end of your tenancy, and providing that all conditions as per the terms of your tenancy agreement have been met, PC Properties will then authorise the DPS to release your deposit. PC Properties and the DPS will contact you via e-mail and/or letter to inform you and to also request your agreement should it be considered necessary to make any lawful deductions.
If there are any deductions to be made from your deposit to cover cleaning, rubbish removal, damages etc., PC Properties will confirm and agree these via the lead tenant as per the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement. Once any such deductions have been mutually agreed, we will then authorise the DPS to release to you your deposit less any deductions to be paid to your Landlord.
Please be reminded that as per the terms of your tenancy agreement and before PC Properties can authorise the release of your deposit, we require proof that you have paid all of your utility bills up to the end of your tenancy, which include Gas, Electricity & Water. In addition, all rent due must be fully paid before any deposit may be authorised for repayment.
To request a refund of your deposit from the DPS;
- Log on to the DPS web site - www.depositprotection.com
- From the Home page, select the option 'Log In To The DPS'
- Select the log in option 'Lead / Sole Tenant'
- Enter your *Deposit ID number followed by your *Repayment ID number
You will then be requested to confirm your request for repayment followed by your acceptance of any agreed deductions to be repaid to your Landlord, following which you will be requested to input your bank details
Your deposit will then be repaid directly in to your bank account usually within 5 working days.
* Your Deposit ID number and Repayment ID number will have been supplied to you directly by the DPS shortly after paying your deposit at the point of signing your tenancy agreement. The DPS will have forwarded confirmation by post to your home address, and by e-mail and also by text to your mobile phone where valid e-mail addresses and mobile numbers have been provided.
If you have mislaid your Deposit ID and Repayment ID numbers, then you must submit a request to the DPS to provide confirmation.
PC Properties are only party to your Deposit ID number but for obvious security reasons do not have a record of your Repayment ID number. If you have mislaid your Deposit ID number, please contact PC Properties for confirmation.
To request confirmation of your Repayment ID number from the DPS;
- Log on to the DPS web site - www.depositprotection.com
- Select the Login option
- Select the Tenant Login option
- Select 'forgotten your repayment I.D'
Complete and submit the on-line request form. You will be prompted for the following details;
- Title: e.g., Mr, Miss, etc
- E-Mail Address: (* See note below)
- Confirm Email Address:
- Deposit ID Number: (Can be obtained from PC Properties if mislaid)
- Property/Tenancy Address:
- Property Post Code:
- Deposit Amount: Normally £200.00p if a student deposit, variable if a professional tenancy
- Tenancy Length: Normally 12 months if a student, usually 6 months if a professional tenancy
- Rental Amount Per Month: For student tenancy, and to calculate this, multiply your weekly rent rate by 52 and divide by 12 to arrive at the monthly rate (Can be obtained from PC Properties if not sure)
- Tenancy Start Date: mm/yy Normally July/20?? if a student tenancy, variable if a professional tenancy
- Enter the security code shown in the image at the bottom of the page.
- Check all of your details are correct and select 'Send'
The DPS will usually provide confirmation of your Repayment ID by e-mail. Once you are in receipt, you can then request a refund of your deposit as described at the beginning of this page.
* Please Note: Your e-mail address must be the same as that held by the DPS submitted to them at the point of you paying your deposit. If your e-mail address has since changed, then you will be required to telephone the DPS to request a new repayment i.d number. Telephone the DPS on 0844-4727-000 - Selection Option 1 when prompted, followed by Option 3 when prompted, followed by Option 0 when prompted. They will ask you a series of security questions in order to verify your identity which will include your Deposit I.D number, name, tenancy address, deposit amount, monthly rental amount, tenancy start date and tenancy length. If you require confirmation of any of these points, please contact PC Properties as follows:
If you require confirmation of your Deposit I.D. number, Weekly Rent Rate, etc, please e-mail PC Properties at: email@example.com or telephone on 0114-267-6177
Alternatively, you may request confirmation of your Repayment I.D. number by texting the DPS on 07537 404 808. Start yout text message with Repay followed by your Deposit I.D. Number (this can be obtained from PC Properties) followed by your deposit amount, normally 200.00 for Student deposits and variable for Professional accommodation tenant deposits. The latter is usually the equivalent of the monthly rent rate for Professional tenants. The DPS will then text your Repayment I.D., but please note that they will text this to the mobile number you provided to PC Properties when you signed the tenancy agreement, therefore if your mobile number has changed since then and you have not updated your DPS account with your new number, you will not receive confirmation. In such instances, it is advisable to use the previous method by accessing the 'Help' option on their web site, selecting 'Quick Links' followed by 'Request a Repayment ID reminder' and complete the on-line request form as detailed above, or telephone the DPS directly as detailed above in red.